You are here
Financial Business Controller (m/f)
- Setting up/professionalizing the financial administration
- International background needed
About Our Client
On behalf of our client, fast-growing independent provider of energy storage worldwide we are currently looking for a Financial Business Controller - Ploce/Croatia.
- Contribute to the development and after approval realisation of the Local/ Country strategy.
- Co-ordinate for the Local/Country company the annual planning process and after approval ensure implementation, monitoring and advise on adjustments, in order to support the line management in the realisation of business objectives.
- Develop and after approval implement and realise the Local/Country company's F&C plan and budget, as part of the country and the F&C plan and budget of the company.
- Contribute to the development of F&C policies, procedures and systems of the company and ensure development and implementation at country level, in line with local requirements and best practices.
- Ensure reliable and up to date local/country financial administrations (e.g. bookkeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable, pay roll, and pensions) in line with company's and local requirements. Ensure approval of the local annual statement.
- Contribute to the definition of KPI's. Plan and prepare periodic reports (financial and non-financial indicators). Perform business analyses and prepare advice for management planning and control.
- Ensure local/country financial reports for the annual report of the company and Joint ventures.
- Co-ordinate the local in- / divestment proposal process and or draft financial plans and analyses for in- / divestment proposals, in line with the company in-/divestment guidelines and after approval ensure the financial planning and control.
- Manage the balance sheet and cash flows locally. In cooperation with the Group CFO, manage local funding, exposures and bank relations.
- Ensure know how on local tax requirements and relations with local tax authorities and advisers. Ensure the local tax declaration and spot tax reduction opportunities, to ensure compliance and optimisation.
- Identify risks and exposures in the local/country organisation. Prepare and after approval execute the mitigation plan. In cooperation with the group CFO ensure a local risk management policy and execution. Arrange for local risk finance solutions.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the company's and local governance requirements.
- Develop and manage a qualified and motivated F&C local staff.
- Ensure know how development on F&C matters for information on best professional and local practices and regulatory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in Finance & Accounting; ACCA studies will be considered a plus
- Proven working experience for a similar position in a multinational company
- Fluency in English (both written & spoken) and local language
- PC literate; advanced Excel user
- IFRS, Local GAAP, US GAAP advantage
- Financial technical expertise / budget preparation, full P&L responsibility
- Able to solve tasks and undertake projects of complex character, developing budgets, plans, strategies of significant importance for business.
- Commercial and financial acumen, with experience of managing business profitability, forecasting and analysis of data.
- Strong managerial skills (leadership, time management, planning & control, task delegations and team motivation)
- Good time management & organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Attractive career opportunity within international company.