You are here
General Manager Hungary (m/f)
Start up in Hungary - international life science company
fluent Hungarian and English
About Our Client
With over 25.000 employees in 39 countries, our client is a leading, fast-growing, international life science company, drawing on the latest developments in biotechnology to provide technologies and testing services to the pharmaceutical, food and environmental industries.
In view of the clients expansion into a new business model we are looking for a talented General Manager based in Hungary.
- Production: plan a production facility for the manufacturing of life science technologies, in particular diagnostic test kits, identify a suitable site and start-up operations
- Manage the transfer of production activities to Hungary, ensure process stability and product quality
- Attain necessary certifications and regulatory approvals
- Sales Operations: create a team of Sales Assistants that act as back office to company's global sales teams (quote generation, order entry and processing, etc.)
- Marketing: Create a team of Marketing professionals that will drive the production of marketing collateral, build and manage a state-of-the-art web shop, design and execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Logistics: Set-up and operate a logistics centre that distributes products directly to customers, to company group companies and to regional distribution hubs in North America and Asia
- Manage profitability to meet best industry standards in all activities.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent Business Unit Managers, Sections Managers and Senior Managers.
- Define and agree goals and milestones with the Business Unit Managers and section heads and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams.
- Improve the technical and scientific aspects of the business units by ensuring the appropriate development and application of new techniques and business processes.
- Develop with the management the strategies and a business plan to achieve. Implement the strategy as agreed with the representative of his/her shareholder.
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 years plan. Report on any deviations to deliver agreed upon results to his/her shareholders.
- Lead / take part in Group projects / initiatives / assignments in the Country and abroad as agreed from time to time with his or her board.
- Negotiate and manage the profitable integration of acquisitions in accordance with strategic goals and decisions / guidelines defined by the board.
- Ensure that all companies he/she is in charge of have appropriate systems, work ethics and policies in place to guarantee high quality of service to clients.
- Maintain Customer satisfaction, including of internal customers.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to, that the companies accreditations are being maintained and regularly expanded and that all employees act according to company values.
- Lead according to company's Leadership Charter and act as a role model for leadership and staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Master degree in engineering or business or finance or scientific
- Min 3 year of experience similar role with full P&L - experience from manufacturing/ production/ service operation roles and then moved to full P&L role.
- Experience in operational role but still in direct contact to external clients
- Steady, loyal, straight forward (promotion within one company), fast track record of promotion
- Hands on, hardworking doer with common sense
- Experience in process improvements, costs saving, LEAN, 6 Sigma, organisational development
- Financial acumen / affinity/ understanding, cost minded
- Experience with start-up, spin off is a plus
- M&A experience is a plus
- Fluent Hungarian and English
What's on Offer
Interesting career opportunity with rewarding salary package