You are here
Operations Finance Manager- Metropolitan European Transport Ltd
Entrepreneurial transport business operating in Germany
Seeking English & German speaking qualified accountant
About Our Client
Metropolitan European Transport Ltd (MET) is an entrepreneurial bus operating group committed to providing high quality bus services. The business was founded in 2011 by a management team led by transport specialists David Leeder, Guy Houston, Wolfgang Meyer and Iain Lanaghan. The company was created to deliver value for shareholders by executing a Buy+Build strategy in the highly fragmented European local passenger transport market. Since 2011 MET have completed a number of deals in the German market and now operate almost 400 buses on a range of local contracts in the Cologne and Frankfurt regions. With exciting plans for growth over the next five years this role represents an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business and contribute to its future success by playing a key role in its journey.
An overview of core responsibilities includes:
- Ability to manipulate operational data (daily & weekly report), take required actions and report findings to Board
- Work closely with central finance team to corroborate data at a depot level to ensure integrity of P&L inputs prior to month end reporting
- KPI Reporting and variance analysis
- Production of monthly flash reports
- Provide reports to Board
- Working with colleagues at all levels - Board, senior management and depot teams
- Input into and review of monthly management accounts (but not production
- The job is based in Glasgow, Scotland.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a background in commercial/operational finance. You will be an effective business partner with a proven background in influencing business decisions with experience working with operational teams.
In addition the following is required:
- Ability to speak English and German to a high level.
- Ability to travel 3 days per week and 3 weeks in 4 to Essen/Dusseldorf and/or Frankfurt.
- Experience working for an entrepreneurial and cash focussed SME.
- Operational finance experience in a multi-site environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Assertive yet approachable.
- Self-starter with a real interest in delving behind the numbers.
- Problem solver.
- Commercial acumen and strong negotiation skills.
It is envisaged that the successful individual may be:
- A qualified accountant and German speaker, domiciled in the UK and willing to travel to Germany on a regular basis;
- A qualified UK expat currently living in Germany;
- A German national and qualified accountant with strong English language skills or;
- A qualified accountant with German and English Language skills who is willing to relocate/travel to Germany.
What's on Offer
A base salary of £70,000 - £80,000 will be offered plus wider company benefits such as a bonus and pension. In addition, all travel expenses will be reimbursed.