You are here
Product Manager Motors Slovenia (m/f)
Market leader in production of explosion-proof products, systems, solutions and
Overall responsibility for Product management in in CEE, RU, Middle East, US
About Our Client
For our client, BARTEC Varnost in Slovenia, a leading global player in the field of development and production of explosion protected electrical devices with its HQ in Germany, we are currently searching a Product Manager Motors covering the following markets: Slovenia, Hungary, Croatia, Russia, Middle East and partially the US.
For instance this is a standalone position with possibility to grow a small team. In this position you will be reporting to Global Product manager ESS and to MD BARTEC Varnost.
- Responsible for a budget of approx. 7 million €
- Market focus on Slovenia, Hungary, Croatia, Russia, Middle East and partially the US
- Determines customer's needs by specifying the research needed to obtain market information ("4 P model", i.e. product, price, placement, promotion)
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilising market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customised orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product updates and/or innovations.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitor's products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives and conducting market surveys.
- Obtains and supports the growth of product market share in the motor segment by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data and evaluates sales activity results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience (minimum of 5 years) in technical sales or product management with focus on motors/motor technology
- Technical expertise in three-phase induction motors for the gas market (2C, 2B) as well as for adjacent markets and applications
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its life-cycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
Interesting career opportunity; international remit; embedded in a global, dynamic organisation; growing and highly-specialised market; attractive salary package.