You are here
Senior Manager Global Network Planning (m/f) - Zürich
Global and dynamic industry giant
Global ownership of network planning and supply chain optimisation
About Our Client
Our client is a global corporation focusing on the consumer goods with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. To strengthen their supply chain operations, we are exclusively recruiting a Senior Manager Global Network Planning (m/f).
The primary objective of this role will be to increase customer service, reduce cost of goods and inventory through the refinement of existing, and the creation of new processes and capabilities.
- Develops the strategic plan for the Distribution Planning and Deployment processes.
- Continuously improve the SAP APO Supply Network Planning (SNP) capability through ongoing functionality implementations in the SNP module. Prioritize and oversee key projects in this functional area.
- Provide technical and process related support to the global user community to ensure that Distribution Planning is performing to expectations.
- Support the global supply chain organization via strategic projects related to inventory and service goals.
- Develop and deliver ongoing training and education to the planning community to improve adherence, attainment realization of cost, service and inventory targets.
- Drive the development, implementation and ongoing reporting metrics that support global supply chain strategic goals around service, cost and inventory.
- Provide the shared service to develop and maintain distribution plans for new products, new brands and markets.
The Successful Applicant
For this core function in the supply chain operations, the successful candidate should provide a strong profile in leadership and show sustainable results in continuous improvement environment, whilst expressing creativity, entrepreneurship and integrity in the operations as well as in the teams managed.
- Academic background with Bachelor's degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant supply chain functions (planning, distribution, etc.) and proven leadership skills with at least 5 years of experience in middle management positions. Ideally has experience in a global, multi-brand, multi-channel environment.
- Successful track record of working in a collaborative way - able to develop relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be a high energy and effective, hands-on leader, with strong business acumen.
- Ability to lead and anticipate change and able to foster a 'Challenger Spirit' in themselves and their teams.
- Must be an effective communicator who is self-motivated and able to inspire confidence and respect, motivating both direct and indirect reporting organizations via a coaching and development mentality and focus.
- Experience with master production scheduling and materials management in a SKU intensive environment on both a tactical and strategic level in a multi-plant environment.
- Highly analytical - analyzes & utilizes facts effectively for presentation to decision makers. Must be comfortable with higher level mathematics and statistical analysis and models to improve inventory deployment and production planning in a multi-plant environment.
- Proven knowledge in advance planning systems and capable in the use of SAP (SAP ECC and SCM) as a tool in particular for SNP and Deployment. Knowledge of QlikView or other reporting tools is an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of MS Office application specifically Excel and Access.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and has the experience and characteristics to respond quickly to the changing environment.
- Must have a "can-do" and "will-do" attitude with respect to accomplishing goals, making the numbers, and satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- Business level fluency in English required, German language knowledge is a plus.
What's on Offer
The selected candidate will also be awarded with competitive benefits, services and resources.