You are here
Traffic/Transportation Manager (m/f) - Zürich
Global and dynamic company in luxury industry
Senior exposure to local/regional/global transportation management
About Our Client
Our client is a family-owned global corporation focusing on the luxury segment with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. To strengthen their supply chain operations, we are exclusively recruiting a Traffic/Transportation Manager (m/f).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Structure and manage whole inbound and outbound flow between plants, distribution centers, and key customers.
- Continuously review and further optimize the transportation processes to maintain/improve speed to market, sustain and further improve process quality and reduce freight cost.
- Perform and support regional/global freight tenders in line with global transportation team and establish tight cost monitoring to cope with defined budgets.
- Act as a partner to customs for "goods in transit" and support clearance of customs documents at borders.
- Thrive as an internal consultant for an end to end supply chain optimization.
- Maintain a transparent, standardized and compliant transportation processes (INCOTERMS) to more than 120 countries.
- Act as a valuable member of the EMEA Transport/Logistics organization and part of global supply chain projects as needed.
- Ensure knowledge transfer and awareness related to sustainable and professional traffic/export related processes via training and coaching.
- Act as a local export compliance specialist relate to customs and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with service providers on the forwarding side as well as the handling agent side at the airport.
- Make sure the SOX compliance is covered any time and related documentation and SOP's are up to date.
- Ensure approved receiver & approved sender (approved sender & approved receiver) set-up at any time.
- Be ready to support the site management in special projects and drive specific value realization initiatives.
- Maintain the PDP process within area of responsibility and develops the team via strong caching and support.
The Successful Applicant
- Specific knowledge of the Supply Chain/Traffic requirements within an international FMCG environment and proven record in similar function preferably on the Shipper-side.
- Experience in managing complex trade and customs rules and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of the international transportation business (air/ocean/truck).
- Very analytical and process driven; good conceptual thinker.
- Strives for excellence in execution.
- Senior personality with strong leadership capabilities / Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer-centric and solution oriented.
- Smart Negotiator with external and internal business partners like Business Leaders/ Internal Clients (regional and global) / Regulatory Teams/ Forwarders/Carriers/Customs/other Authorities.
- Flexible and initiative / supportive of change.
- Sound experience in project management.
- Good Knowledge of the MS Office (especially Excel) and business objects reporting tools
- Understands system-displayed processes (high level of automation)
- Strong command of SAP (e.g. WMS).
- Proven experience in ensuring SOX, DGR, AEO compliancy (Authorized Shipper).
Required Language Skills
Sound English as the corporate language.
Good German knowledge (preferable Swiss German) for local communication.
Forwarding Agent education (Speditionsfachmann) and / or additional graduation in Supply Chain / Transportation. Bachelor in Business Administration an advantage.
Benefit : IMO/IATA/ADR Regulation / INCOTERMS
What's on Offer
Our client offers not to be part of family business but to be a family in business. The selected candidate will also be awarded with competitive benefits, services and resources.