Great opportunity for an aspiring accountant
Our client is an international company which designs, manufactures and distributes mountain equipment and is now expanding its team in Austria.
- Record financial transactions for project, department, or company daily. Ensure bank accounts are reconciled daily and accounting entries are processed in line with timetable to ensure timely general ledger close and facilitate reporting
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and manage accruals
- Take the lead in the month end process and prepare monthly financial statements for internal and external use. This will include the preparation and review of various journal postings and balance sheet reconciliations (fixed assets, debts, capital, inventories)
- Prepare proposal of supplier payments to be reviewed and approved by HQ. Initiate payments once approval has been received, and update accounting records accordingly
- Actively liaise with other General Accountants of the group to guaranty intercompany transactions are reconciled on a weekly basis
- Prepare and analyse the monthly reporting packages for HQ within the requested timeline
- Ensure invoices are issued on a daily basis, and follow-up with sales administration. In collaboration with Central Credit Management, follow-up with clients on overdue invoices and work out, when necessary, a payment plan
- Liaise with the local accounting firm for tax purposes. However, you will prepare VAT returns on a monthly basis
- Assist the General Manager in preparing budgets. Explain differences between Actual and Budget later on.
- Several years of experience as a general accountant, preferably within an international B2B group
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Reconciliations experience
- Worked in a fast moving, medium sized organisation
- Proficient in English
The successful candidate can expect a minimum salary of 35.000 EUR, depending on qualifications and work experience. If this opportunity is of interest to you please send us your CV in English and German.