Chief Accountant Czech Republic and Slovakia
Chief Accountant responsible for Czech Republic and Slovakia
On behalf of our client, one of the market leaders in wholesale of fasteners we are currently looking for an experienced Chief Accountant to be responsible for their entities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia .
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role such as AR, AP, GL;
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting, monthly reporting to HQ;
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies;
- Support the General Manager in all accounting related matters;
- Responsible for cooperation with auditors and external tax consultants;
- University degree in Accounting (or equivalent education)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience on a position of Chief Accountant or Senior Accountant;
- Excellent knowledge of Czech GAAP and Tax reporting is required;
- Experience in working with tax authorities on VAT recovery;
- Knowledge of the methodology of all areas of accounting and reporting;
- Experience in tax audits and external audits;
- Ability to work efficiently in multi-tasking and with deadlines;
- Experience with ERP and warehouse management system (such as MS Navision or Dynamics AX);
- Proactive position in problem solving;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve goals and set tasks;
- High level of self-organization and communication skills;
- Fluent Czech and English or German speaker.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package.