- Solid knowledge in Scope 3 CO2 Reduction Engagement
- Strong experience in leading responsible sourcing practices
Our client, an international company specialized in the consumer goods industry, located in the area
of Zurich, is currently looking for a motivated, driven and detail oriented "Head Responsible Sourcing"
(m/f) to start as soon as possible.
The "Head Responsible Sourcing" will lead the continuous evolution and implementation of the
company's responsible sourcing vision and strategy to reach the set targets by 2030. The successful
candidate will also build capabilities with the internal supply base, supervise performance, and
measure impact and improvements. Additionally, the candidate will lead a team consisting of 9 people
(2 direct reports and 7 indirect reports), working in different procurement teams around the world.Below are listed the core responsibilities and duties of the position:A) Strategy, Standards, Policy, and Implementation:
- In partnership with the Group Sustainability department and Procurement Leadership, strengthen the company's responsible sourcing vision and strategy.
- Drive the company's sustainability initiatives that foster responsible practices in the supply chain, including but not limited to sourcing standards, reduction of scope 3 GHG emissions, global human rights efforts, and other social and environmental requirements such as nodeforestation. Own the 5 main strategic responsible sourcing pillars: 1) Supplier Code of Conduct Monitoring and Due Diligence, 2) Ecovadis Sustainability Assessment Program, 3) Supplier Sustainability Audit Program (on-site sustainability audits), 4) Raw and packaging material specific sustainability requirements (e.g. certifications) (except cocoa), 5) Scope 3 CO2 Reduction Engagement (except cocoa)
- Work, together with your team, closely with category sourcing leads and other business leaders to roll-out the responsible sourcing strategy and policies and ensure appropriate buying decisions are made in line with the responsible sourcing standards.
B) Stakeholder engagement and capability building:
- Strengthen capacity and knowledge on responsible sourcing across the company's sourcing functions and the supplier base.
- Represent the company during supplier meetings, in industry working platforms, forums or events dedicated to the topic of responsible sourcing.
- Build partnerships with strategic suppliers, industry networks and NGO's and manage relationships with external service providers.
C) Monitoring & reporting:
- Regularly perform a supply chain sustainability risk assessment to inform the strategy.
- Supervise industry standards for outstanding responsible sourcing strategies, identify emerging product categories or materials facing issues, and keep up to date on industry and regulatory issues.
- Develop/improve and manage internal data management systems which support the tracking of the implementation of the responsible sourcing strategies, policies, and practices (incl. traceability and transparency) and serve both internal and external reporting requirements (SBTi, CDP, RSPO, CSRD, GRI, etc.).
- Report progress and insights to key stakeholders and provide input to the Sustainability and Communication team on annual sustainability reports and ad-hoc requests.
- Strong educational background (Bachelor and master's degree with specialization in economics, procurement, supply chain or similar)
- Minimum of 10 years of related professional experience, 5 years of responsible sourcing experience.
- Experience working within FMCG companies.
- In-depth knowledge on leading responsible sourcing practices, due diligence practices and social and environmental issues related to sourcing, as well as experience implementing innovative solutions.
- Sound finance and business acumen, strong communication, team-player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess the desire and curiosity to understand emerging trends.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills while having a hands-on mentality and attention to details
- Global perspective and international experience.
- Fluent spoken and written English. German, French or Italian of advantage.
- Ability to travel 20 - 30%
The inclusive culture of the company embraces diversity of thought and empowers individuals to
think as entrepreneurs. The selected candidate will also be awarded with competitive benefits,
services and resources.