- Lead technical development for the electromechanical function in R&D projects
- Develop products that shape the future
Our client in Vienna is a large international corporation, providing electrical, electromechanical, and electronic hardware-solutions for various industries and numerous applications in the industrial and private sector. As a Lead Engineer with ownership of all R&D aspects for the electromechanical function of the new product line, you will be part of a 12-member development team (electromechanical engineering) within the larger R&D department that also comprises hardware and firmware engineering as well as support functions.
- As Lead Electromechanical Engineeryou will lead and execute the technical development for the electromechanical function (such as contact systems, mechanisms, magnetic actuators and sensors, current path and housing) in complex R&D projects in fields such as Internet of Things (IoT), electrical building technology, electrical vehicle charging, smart devices, and others.
- You will own all R&D aspects for the electromechanical functionincluding electro-thermal, electro-magnetic, mechanical design and material selection topics for the new product line. You will also be responsible for defining, specifying and delivering robust and proven technical solutions for the electromechanical function from concept development, design and test through industrialization and certification in alignment with other major organizational stakeholders such as Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Management, Business Development, etc.
- Utilize appropriate tools and methods (simulation, Design For Six Sigma, etc.) throughout the design cycle and sustaining engineering tasks. Design, plan, set up, conduct, document, and review development tests. Secure compliance of technical solutions for the related function with internal and external standards and regulations. Provide and maintain complete engineering documentation.
- Resolve technical design issues and deliver optimal solutions with respect to function, manufacturability, cost, and existing product assortment.
- Act as Mentor for Junior Engineers and functionally lead and supervise engineers, technicians, and drafters in the electromechanical function. Act as an expert in relevant product technology and provide technical support and guidance to other functions such as Product Management, Quality and Manufacturing.
- University degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or ideally a solid technical education in both fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electromechanical development
- Solid experience in design of electromechanical modules, products, and systems as well as related standards (IEC/UL) and regulations. Knowledge in electromechanical design (e.g. MCAD). Experience with simulation tools and DFSS methods is advantageous
- Project management skills, business acumen, very good communication and presentation skills, ability to inspire others
- Proficiency in English is a must, German language skills are a big advantage
- You are based in Vienna or Lower Austria. If you would like to move there, a relocation bonus can be negotiated.
- A competitive gross salary between 60K and 85K EUR p.a., according to your qualification and experience.
- Challenging projects in a dynamic collaborative team
- Developing products that shape the future and make an impact on people's lives
- Great promotional opportunities as well as an internal academy for learning and development
- Possibility to work from your home office according to the situation of the project and team
- Confidential treatment of your application. For questions please contact the consultant in charge at or at +43 676 620 5768.