Operations Director Europe (m/f)
International company in the automotive production industry.
Multi-site scope of responsibility
Our client is an international company in the automotive production industry, on their behalf we are currently looking for an Operations Director Europe (m/f) to be based in Miskolc, Hungary.
We are looking for an experienced and confident Operations Director Europe (m/f). The role holder will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company including multiple manufacturing sites and logistics centres. The responsibility of the Operations Director Europe (m/f) is to provide leadership and to develop strategic plans for the organization. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The responsibilities of the Operations Director Europe (m/f) will be as follows, but not limited to:
- Oversee the manufacturing operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources;
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies;
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment;
- Collect and analyse data to find opportunities to reduce scrap, waste and overtime;
- Manage quality and engineering to review product consistency while monitoring quality rates to determine trends and areas of improvement;
- Provides direction to engineering for capital projects, process changes, environmental compliance and other related items;
- Develop and execute facilities budget;
- Monitor operational expenses and lead cost reduction initiatives;
- Drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing tools and principles.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related field, MS or MBA preferred;
- A dynamic operations professional, with significant experience within quality and engineering leadership;
- Experience in the automotive aftermarket manufacturing industry;
- Experience in the starters and alternators manufacturing industry will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in leading multiple manufacturing sites and remote team leadership;
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage employees and motivate teams;
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development;
- Superior communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against deadlines;
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures;
- Fluent English language skills, Hungarian language skills will be considered as an advantage.
Attractive salary package.