Technical Leader (m/f) Gas Engine
You are responsible for all technical decisions for one engine platform
Experience in the development of large gas engines
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. Our client is passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. At our client more than 1,500 employees at the location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE's reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
- Provide technical leadership and decision-making to ensure de-risked execution of product programs.
- Provide leadership and risk/opportunity balanced decisions on critical technical developments, including product level FMEA.
- Compiles product level technical lessons learnt
- Ensure engineering teams deliver critical work packages using robust methods.
- Provide insight into state of the art technologies and developments.
- Interface with industry bodies to influence development paths.
- Provide system boundary conditions and system development targets derived from product targets.
- Collaborate across functions to ensure product meets requirements.
- Resolve critical technical issues working across functions and with customers.
- Ensures collaboration with Enabling Technology team whilst defining the Multi Generation Technology Plan (MGTP).
- Define product technical development requirements to meet long & short-term market requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited University or college
- Profound working experience within new product development of Reciprocating engines systems.
- A proven track record in leadership of complex technical products
- A proven track record of customers interaction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Advanced Problem solving and facilitation skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure, and retain a strategic, high level understanding of the whole program.
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Profound practical experience in engine development related to internal combustion engine systems with emphasis on overall system optimization
- Good understanding of the large bore reciprocating engines market and key competitor offerings.
- Good understanding in NVH and controls.
- Knowledge of Root Cause analysis processes.
- PhD, MBA, MSc or equivalent industrial experience.
- Organizational skills required to support large, integrated programs with regularly changing priorities
- Strong collaborative Leadership skills
- Ability to present key information and engage in business led discussions with executive management
Our client puts great emphasis on providing the employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501.99 gross per month. Of course our client will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.