Business Intelligence & Development Specialist (m/w)
Support fleet acquisition projects
5 years of general business or project mgt. experience
GATX is the leading global railcar lessoris. The value for the customer is the first priority. This position supports GATX Rail Europe's (GRE) strategic business development initiatives and provides an opportunity to be a significant contributor to GATX's development of growth initiatives in the European market.
- Provide marke tresearch, project management and business/product development expertise to support analysis ,development,presentation and execution of business development projects.
- Gather market data an d business intelligence on targeted rail market segments through interactions with internal resources (GRE commercial, operational, technical teams) as well as external resources (industry associations, customers, suppliers, etc.).
- Monitor market developments and stay current with market conditions and outlook.
- Work closely with GRE's commercial team to support development of new rail wagon segments by understanding customers' needs and providing the right equipment solutions under attractive lease structures.
- Support execution of entry into targeted new rail markets. Periodically perform business and market research and analysis on these markets and stay current with economic, political, and rail industry developments in those countries.
- Support fleet acquisition projects.
- Assess target companies'/fleets' strategic fit and attractiveness, identify potential integration issues, and perform due diligence.
- Help manage portfolio of growth initiatives.
- Bachelor'sDegree required, Masters of Business Administration degree preferred
- Rail industry and/or equipment finance experience desirable
- Track record of working as both a member and leader of cross-functional project & development teams
- 5 years of general business experience with a minimum 3 years of project management and business/product development experience.
- Fluency in German and English required
- Solid market research and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with Excel modeling and data management experience
- Knowledge of rail equipment and understanding of rail logistics from an investment and market perspective desirable
- Understanding of investment analysis, including cash flow, tax, and accounting analysis
- Upto 25% travel may be required
- For this position we are offering an annual gross salary starting at 55.000 EUR (excl. variable component). Our salary packages are competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into consideration.