Aktualisiert am 02/09/2021
- World leader of specialty chemicals
- Experienced buyer with proficient SAP &MS-Excel knowledge
Are you looking for a challenge in an exciting multicultural environment, working on worldwide projects?
Do you want to optimally implement your experience and knowledge? Then you are at the right place with our customer!
Our client is a leading provider in the world of specialty chemicals with production sites all over the world. For the location in Linz, we are looking for a motivated Buyer (f/m/d).
- Responsible for sourcing activities of non-strategic products and services and assigned NPD product pricing and adequately following through qualification status of alternative sources.
- Manage supplier relationship of the assigned category to drive delivery of best-in-class performance and innovative products and services with continued efficiency improvement.
- Negotiating terms and conditions, composing agreements, and closing deals with optimal costs, terms, qualities, lead times, and services.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in the supplier selection process and resolve purchased materials, including product/material/service quality, invoicing, and returning
- Coach internal stakeholders to follow proper procurement procedure and be the liaison to resolve any issues that may arise
- Work with Supply Chain on getting production forecast needed for assigned product categories
- Monitor supplier performance and alternative source options when needed
- Coordinate with R&D and Quality departments on product specifications to ensure sourcing meets requirements.
- Maintain accurate procurement information in SAP and other tools used
- Track and report key functional Key Performance indicators (KPI) to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Perform commodity monitoring and reporting.
- Attend, schedule, and participate in various meetings.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Partner with internal customers as well as suppliers to develop and initiate process improvements
- Work with IT to ensure data accuracy and identify proper process requires to upload updated master data.
- Create, update purchase or blanket orders and outline agreements of assigned location and ensure proper order/transactional execution, data entry, and follow-up reporting of assigned products and services
- Review purchase requisitions and convert them to purchase orders with commitment dates when needed
- Review open purchase order status, pricing discrepancies, and provide expediting and de-expediting status whenever needed.
- Business or Engineering Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum three years' experience demonstrated procurement experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience in negotiating agreements/contracts with a strong understanding of legal and commercial terms and conditions
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and matrix organization
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office
- A change agent with knowledge of process improvement (e.g., Six Sigma, MRP, others)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to adjust to a fast-moving working environment handling multiple competing goals and objectives.
- Fluent in both German and English
Our customer offers you the opportunity to make a difference in a responsible and long-term position in an international group and to make a significant contribution to the success of the company. A gross annual salary of at least EUR 50,000 (gross, on a full-time basis) is required for this position. With the appropriate qualifications and experience, a significant overpayment is possible.