- Leading of a small hardware team
- Fast growing company
Our client is a growing and dynamic Austrian company, based in the north of Vienna and developing innovative products in the field of power electronics.
- As the lead hardware developer, your main focus will be to lead the hardware development efforts for the existing as well as next generation P-HiL (power-hardware-in-the-loop) systems.
- You will lead the hardware development team (3-4 Engineers) and work closely with the software and firmware teams as well as with product management to ensure on-time and quality release of developed P-HiL system hardware and to manage the continuous improvement process within the existing hardware lifecycle.
- Managing development, testing and maintenance of the PHIL (power-hardware-in-the-loop) system hardware.
- Maintaining high standards of hardware development quality within the team by establishing best practices in hardware design and development, hardware reviews, unit and system testing and infrastructure architecture.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Providing third-level support to customers.
- Coordinating hardware R&D activities with external R&D partners.
- Managing hardware release efforts and technical aspects of hardware certification efforts.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the hardware.
- Technical education in Electrical Engineering or Electronics (HTL, Bachelor's or Master's degree) or equivalent qualification.
- Solid practical experience in developing medium- and high-power (at least 50 kW rated power) power electronic converters.
- Preferably prior experience in a technical leadership position or at least as a (sub)project leader
- English is a must, German language skills are an advantage
- An annual gross salary between EUR 70.000 and EUR 90.000 is planned for this position. The actual amount of your remuneration will depend on your qualifications and your experience and will be agreed upon individually.
- A Forward-looking technology-oriented environment with excellent professional and personal development and training opportunities.
- An international team of experienced and motivated coworkers and fast and effective internal communication channels.
- A strong innovative spirit, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as our customers' R&D teams.
- Flexible working hours (flextime) and opportunity to work from home.